Sequestration Survey: Possible impacts to district and BOCES 2014-15 budget, working copy - will be updated.
2013 State Profile Data: Our annual profile information depicts changes in K-12 funding and counts (comparing 1992-93 to 2006-07 to 2010-11 to 2011-12). For previous information, click on the State Profile Data tab.
- CSFP Profile Data: 2013 Highlights is a one page overview of all the state profile data, reported by CSFP, compiled by Augenblick, Palaich & Company (APA) using data from CDE, NCES, NEA. This one page document highlights areas of concern for K-12 funding.
- Table 1 - Enrollment in K-12 Public Education includes all students, Special Education, Free Lunch, ELL (2 year funded and total ELL served)
- Table 2 - Number of Teachers and Teachers per 1,000 Students
- Table 3 - Average Teacher Salary
- Table 4 - Per Student Current Spending & Revenues
- Table 5 - Relationship Between Local Revenue for K-12 and Personal Income
- State Profile Data Table A
CASB Convention 2013 presentations:
- School Finance: The Past, the Present and Moving Forward
- School Finance 101, New Board Member Finance Brief (12 page booklet).
Update to the CSFP timeline: Colorado's School Finance & Education Reform Timeline 1980 - 2013, updated November 2013. (Also available in the Timeline section on the left).
Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) overview of the BEST program (powerpoint) and PDF. M.ap (see below) of BEST Projects Funded by Districts through FY2012-13. Overview of BEST as of November 2013:
- Helping over 127,490 students statewide
- 325 School Facilities impacted
- 209 Grants funded -over $1 Billion funded out of $2.48 Billion requested
- Helping create and support over 16,730 jobs as of December 2012
- Statewide Facility Assessment March 2010 - over $17.9 billion in Capital Construction needs
2013 Floods - preliminary reporting on flooding in districts, September 25, 2013 (Colorado Education News).
Districts seeking Bond, BEST, Mill Levy Override or Technology Mill Levy in November 2013 - working copy that will be updated with the results of the November election.
Sequestration Impacts on District/BOCES 2013-14 Budgets: The Colorado School Finance Project (CSFP) is collecting information from districts and BOCES about the effects of sequestration on their 2013-14 budgets: DRAFT 2013 Sequestration Impact Survey, as of August 2013. Note this is a working document/draft.
Updated: Future School Finance Act per SB13-213 (source: CDE's website) - August 2013 update.
SB12-213 Legislative Council Tables - Updated August 2013
- Table 1B - Comparison of Total Program under SFA SB13-213
- Table 2B - Comparison of State and Local Shares under SFA SB13-213
- Table 3B - Comparison of State and Local Shares under SFA SB13-213 with No New Local Support
- Table 4B - Comparison of Total Program Mill Levies under SFA SB13-213
National Center for Education Statistics (NCES): US Average and Colorado Per Pupil Spending - Adjusted for Inflation FY 1996-FY 2011. Adjusted for inflation, Colorado spent $-1,816 less per pupil than the national average in FY2011. The full NCES report: NCES Revenues & Expenditures for Public Elementary & Secondary Education: School Year 2010-11 (Fiscal Year 2011) is available here.
- Colorado Legislative Council Staff: Focus Colorado: Economic and Revenue Forecast, June 2013
- Governor's Office of State Planning and Budget (OSPB): Economic and Fiscal Review, June 2013
CSFP's annual update to our timeline: Colorado's School Finance & Education Reform Timeline 1980-2013 - newly updated July, 2013.
Note: Typically our Home page contains information from the last 6 months. We try to "roll off" information every month to our Historical Info page. The information is in chronological order, most recent first.